Clenise and I are both getting worn out from producing books ourselves. Her case of tennis elbow is getting worse, from operating the lever of the binding machine and the blade of the cutter, along with constantly maintaining the printers and tweaking the toner cartridges to keep the pages flowing out. But I think we’re approaching the end of this phase of the project. Today I received a message from Lightning Source saying they have started processing the files I uploaded yesterday, and with good luck it sounds as if they may be ready to start printing the books within a week or so. We’re both looking forward to sitting back for a while and letting someone else do the printing, binding, and shipping.
Today Leica announced the update of the firmware of the D-Lux 4 camera to version 2.1, a long-awaited event. I’m glad I didn’t wait for that update before publishing the book. I have put a link on my web site at whiteknightpress.com for people to get access to the new update. I haven’t had a chance to download it yet myself, because I’ve been busy filling orders. The Google AdWords campaign is still paused, but today so far we have had eight orders through Amazon Marketplace (one of them for 2 books) and one order through the White Knight Press web site. We are just barely producing enough books to fill these orders.